Officer called the store around 11:30am on 5/12/10; he stated that he was an officer in said county. Said he was looking for a stolen product and if I would check to see if it was in the store. I told him that I had not heard anything about it and if he could call back after my manager got in. He then said you can just look it up for me I have the serial number right here. I told him I could not give out any information without a police report, he stated he had the report right there. I told him he could bring it in and we could help him in any way that we could. He started to get mad and told me he was going to come in and arrest me for obstructing an officer. I calmly told him to come in around 1pm when my manager was there, with the police report and we could help him. He was very mad at this point.
Around 1:04pm said officer comes in the store and promptly asks for the manager; My manager responded that it is him. Officer then asks if I am who he talked to earlier and I said yes I was, he then pointed at me and said, “I am taking you to jail for obstruction,” which I responded with. “No you’re not,” which then he stated, “You want to bet.” and I said. "Yes." At this time my manager stepped in and told the cop that I was just following company policy and he would be happy to show the policy to him in writing.
My manager and I started gathering the product for the confiscation and the police officer went out to his car to get something for the confiscation. At this time I pull out the store policy manual to find the policy on confiscations and show it to my manger. Officer comes back in and we have everything waiting for him and my manager proceeds to show him the policy in the book and he reads it and makes a comment something like, “Oh, you got to pull out the book.” My manager finishes everything up on the confiscation and then proceeds to call our District Manager, to fill him in on everything that just happened.
So that is what happened to me and work today. I was pretty ticked off after the officer left and it did not help anything that I drank a 5 hour energy shot right before the cop walked in and was a bit jittery anyways.
I replaced the names of my higher-ups in this account so I do not get in trouble for posting this.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment